All sellers are expected to adhere to the following policies when listing products on Amazon. Seller offenses and prohibited content can result in suspension of your Amazon account.
Seller code of conduct
Amazon enables you to reach hundreds of millions of customers. We strive to ensure a fair and trustworthy buyer and seller experience. At Amazon, we expect you to adhere to the code of conduct principles outlined below. Violation of the code of conduct principles may result in the loss of your selling privileges and removal from Amazon Marketplace.
Seller Code of Conduct Principles:
- Adhere to all applicable laws and abide by all Amazon policies.
- Maintain current account information.
- Never misrepresent yourself.
- Always act in a manner that ensures a trustworthy experience for Amazon customers.
- Never list products that may cause harm to Amazon customers.
- Never engage in any misleading, inappropriate or offensive behavior. This applies to all your activities, including but not limited to:
- Information provided on your account
- Information provided in listings, content or images
- Communication between you and Amazon or you and our customers
- Act fairly at all times. Unfair behavior includes but is not limited to the following:
- Behavior that could be deemed as manipulation or “gaming” of any part of the buying or selling experience
- Actions that could be perceived as manipulating customer reviews, including by directly or indirectly contributing false, misleading or inauthentic content
- Activities that could be perceived as attempting to manipulate Amazon’s search results or sales rankings
- Actions that intentionally damage another seller, their listings or their ratings
- To learn more about Amazon Seller Policy Violation and review a few examples, please watch this short video.
Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct
- Category, product, and listing restrictions
- Product detail page rules
- Prohibited seller activities and actions
- Prohibited Content
- Condition guidelines
- Drop Shipping Policy
- ASIN creation policy
- Supply Chain Standards
- Standards for Brands Selling in the Amazon Store
- Imaging and Video Services Terms and Conditions
- Japanese Consumption Tax